Sensibly Green – creating green habits one step at a time.
Instead of tossing out that bottle, ask can it be reused first? You may be missing a chance to reorganize the garage or creating materials for a fun project with the kids. More often than not, after a good cleaning, everyday items can be used for other purposes before hitting the blue bin.
Listed below are a few ideas for common products:
- Vegetable Cans – containers for nuts, bolts, and other handyman items.
- Jelly Jars – plant pots for the kitchen or office.
- Milk Jugs – containers for gardening chemicals or watering pots.
- Spray Bottles – use for bug or plant sprays.
Fun with the kids:
- Cardboard Boxes – great for action figure dioramas (Star Wars being my recommendation).
- Plastic Bottles – Terrarium Projects
- Clothes – crafting smocks or materials, or dress-up costumes.
If items are difficult to recycle, consider donating them to local charities. Try creating a De-Accumulation Bag.
You can follow this link to our forums for further discussion.